The Easiest Homemade Pizza You’ll ever make!
Do you love pizza? I know I do. Especially homemade pizza. So I thought I’d share my recipe for the easiest pizza you’ll ever make. And to top it off, it uses very few ingredients while still having tons of flavor. Something the Italians are experts at.
This homemade pizza is my go-to whenever I don’t have the energy to cook after I get home from work.
I first tasted something similar when I was in Rome, Italy a few years ago, and as soon as I came home, I knew I had to try to make it myself. It was just that delicious!
Prep time is about 5 minutes and then it just needs to Bake for about 20 minutes, depending on your oven.
You can make the dough from scratch if you feel like it, but for the purpose of keeping this as easy as possible, I usually use premade pizza dough from the grocery store, or even just a leftover wheat tortilla.
Now, on to the recipe!
Like I mentioned above, this pizza requires very few recipes.
- Pizza dough – I’ve used a whole grain dough because it’s a little bit healthier and more filling.
- Tomatoes – I generally use cherry tomatoes, as they have more flavor than most other tomatoes in my country, but use whatever tomato you like. The amount depends on your preference. I’ve used about 9 cherry tomatoes.
- Onion – Again, it’s all about preference. I’ve just used a regular yellow onion this time. The amount is also up to preference.
- Arugula – A good handful.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese – Pick your favorite. I prefer Mozzarella di Bufala, but unfortunately, they didn’t have that at the store this time. So I’m using regular fresh mozzarella.
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil. Use your favorite.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
1. Place your dough on the baking tray, and start heating the oven to whatever temperature the package tells you. In my case, it should be baked at 200C, about 400F.
2. Cut tomatoes. I’ve cut them into quarters. If you’re using a bigger tomato, you can cut them into slices.
Then spread them out over the dough.
3. Cut onion into the size of your preference. You can dice or slice. I’ve diced mine this time.
4. Spread onion and tomato out over the dough evenly.
5. Grab your ball of fresh mozzarella and start tearing it into pieces. Then spread that evenly over the pizza as well.
6. Now grab your olive oil and drizzle a little bit over the pizza! And finally, add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Pop the pizza in the oven and bake until golden and delicious!
8. Once the pizza is done. Whip it out of the oven and cut yourself a yummy slice. Plate it and garnish with fresh arugula. I promise this is absolutely yummy!
This recipe literally takes me about 25 minutes to make, and the flavors are amazing despite the small number of ingredients. And the best part is you can tweak it to your heart’s content. If you want some meat on it, add some prosciutto. You don’t like arugula, use some fresh basil leaves. The possibilities are endless. And let’s face it, homemade pizza is just a little bit healthier than the one from the pizzeria.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and if you do, please let me know in the comments! I’d also love to hear what tweaks and twists you put on it.